WHAT DOES PJ STAND FOR?
- Pyjamas! We know special times happen when your children are wearing their pyjamas.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
If you meet these three criteria, you should!
- Families with children from 0-8 years old
- Have one Jewish parent in the household or are raising Jewish children
- Currently reside in the Winnipeg area.
WHAT’S THE COST?
- PJ Library® is free It is a gift from the Jewish Federation of Winnipeg and the Harold Grinspoon Foundation.
WHAT IF I HAVE GRANDCHILDREN WHO LIVE OUTSIDE OF WINNIPEG?
- To find out if their community offers PJ Library, go to www.PJLibrary.org. If they do, you can sign up your grandchildren on the national website.
WHAT'S THE CATCH?
- There's just one — you need to READ the books and LISTEN to the music WITH your children. That's it!
- The children are so excited when the books arrive in the mail, and typically we read them right then and there! We have daughters who are older than 8, who also enjoy being with us when we tuck into a new PJ book. The books are engaging, beautifully illustrated, and I love the values taught through each one. They give us lots to discuss afterwards. These books now hold a very special place on our bookshelf and we do treasure them. Thank you so very much for the gift of these books. -Leanne Nazer-Bloom
- Thanks!! We wait each month to share the new book. We love PJ library! -Jessica Cogan
- I truly appreciate the Jewish content in our mixed-religion home. We love the books we receive. Thanks, -Carly Duboff
- This program is absolutely incredible!! The books are fabulous and the girls absolutely love reading them. The fact that they get mail is also a highlight. :) They’re learning about Judaism in such a fun way, and I couldn't be happier about the program. Many thanks! -Andrea
- Being part of the PJ Library gives us the chance to relieve Jewish books for us and our children. Our children do not attend a Jewish school so PJ Library is a great help for us. It helps me as a parent to transmit and teach my kids Jewish values, promote Jewish identity and continuity through the stories. My kids love the books. They are very well illustrated and are age appropriate. This program truly enriches our kids’ life and teaches them in a pleasant and fun way.