ISRAEL UNDER ATTACK – EMERGENCY RESPONSE
Following the horrific attacks on the people of Israel, Jewish Federation of Winnipeg, in partnership with Jewish Federations of Canada – UIA, have identified the following urgent priority needs requiring our immediate collective assistance:
● Victims of Terror – Immediate Support: The Jewish Agency for Israel Victims of Terror Fund is a key part of our rapid emergency response, providing immediate and subsequent cash grants to families and individuals who are direct victims of terror and violence, post trauma care and rehabilitation.
● Emergency Evacuation, Housing, Respite, and Support for Frontline Communities: Including supporting essential needs for communities evacuated and those under fire, as well as support for vulnerable populations that need to be moved such as for new olim living in absorption centres through evacuations, temporary housing, respite trips, children’s activities, and increased security.
● Essentials of Life: Food and financial assistance for families, the elderly, and the homebound, in the zone of fire.
● Trauma Relief and Psychosocial Care: To support widescale trauma relief and psychosocial support with expanded capabilities through telephone hotlines; providing direct care to first responders, the injured, and families whose relatives were murdered, injured, or abducted; training and support for caregivers and responders including hospital emergency teams and municipal teams.
● Emergency Medical Services and Healthcare: Medical supplies, equipment, and other supports for first responders, clinics, and hospitals treating the injured.