The Jewish Federation of Winnipeg is seeking a full-time Graphic Designer/Web Administrator to fill a 1-year maternity leave position from April 2017-May 2018.
The successful candidate will be a creative individual who can produce professional, high quality design work under multiple tight timelines, while maintaining a consistent branded look. You are effective at problem-solving, multi-tasking, and bringing new ideas to the group. You maintain a positive attitude and innovative spirit, and work well alone and with others. You are committed to achieving business outcomes with a high attention to detail, and love working in a fast-paced, non-profit environment.
- Create compelling and consistent print/web collateral that reflects current brand standards including but not limited to posters, flyers, invitations, brochures, banners, signage, annual reports, website graphics, e-invitations, e-newsletters, newspaper ads
- Produce and update all website properties regularly, including social media accounts, keeping content fresh, timely, accurate, and relevant
- Work in an organized manner and archive all work appropriately
- Manage large, complex design projects/campaigns from inception to completion
- Schedule design requests from all departments and adhere to multiple, tight deadlines
- Create and send e-newsletters to various lists using licensed email marketing software
- Work with print vendors, photographers and media to estimate projects and oversee production and delivery/publication
- Actively participate in departmental team meetings, processes and initiatives to fulfill print/online marketing responsibilities
- Inspire, support and collaborate with other team members
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Graphic/Web Design
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Graphic/Web design
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud on a MAC platform including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat as well as Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of HTML required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with minimal supervision
- Effective interpersonal skills, a collaborative nature, a team player
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task/shift between projects on a timely basis
- Keen eye for detail; great problem-solving skills; resourceful
- Receive and process suggestions, corrections, and feedback professionally
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Jewish holidays and traditions an asset but not required
About the Jewish Federation of Winnipeg
Jewish Federation of Winnipeg is the heart of the Winnipeg Jewish community. We build community by bringing people together, strengthening Jewish identity, developing leaders and inspiring generosity in order to fulfill our mission of sustaining and enhancing Jewish life at home and around the world. We ensure a healthy, vibrant Jewish community now and into the future.
**Applicants must be living in Winnipeg by April 24, 2017.
Please send your cover letter, resume, salary expectations and a link to your online design portfolio to Madeline Lopez Ficher, Creative Director, by March 20, 2017. No phone calls please.