Social Worker- Older Adult Services (Full-Time, 8-month term)
Under the direction of the Manager of Adult Services, this position is an integral part of the Older Adult Services team in supporting the needs of elderly Jewish clients living in the community and encouraging continued connection and independence. Services are provided to a range of seniors and their families including Holocaust survivors, newcomer seniors, and seniors living with mental health differences.
Responsibilities include: assessment, case management, supportive counselling, advocacy, linkage to services and resources, good planning and problem solving skills, strong administrative skills as required by the department. May be requested to assist in providing instruction to students and new staff.
- Minimum three years experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (BSW) from a Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE) accredited school/faculty, or a Provincially authorized post-secondary program, or the approved equivalent if internationally educated.
- Must be registered with Manitoba College of Social Workers (MCSW).
- Valid Manitoba driver’s license required, access to a reliable vehicle, and clean driver’s abstract.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills, and computer literacy.
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Ability to practice independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the profession of social work and the Canadian Association of Social Work (CASW) Code of Ethics and the Manitoba College of Social Workers Standards of Practice.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture considered an asset.
This position is subject to a satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment.
Please submit resume and cover letter by July 8th to:
Cheryl Hirsh Katz Manager of Adult Services
Jewish Child and Family Service C200-123 Doncaster Street Winnipeg, MB R3N 2B2
Thank you to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.