Be a PJ Neighbourhood Connector with us!
- Are you a parent in the Winnipeg Jewish community who has a child from 1 week old to 4 years of age?
- Are you a natural connector and have been told you easily bring people together?
- Do you love meeting new people and helping them to feel more involved in their community?
- Do you believe there is value in having virtual/in person coffee and park dates and larger events as a way to support parents of young children and build community connection?
As a Neighbourhood Connector…
- Yourself, your adorable kids (1 week old to 4 years) and your amazing gifts to reach out and connect with other parents of young children
- Commitment to connect
- Commitment to host events (following all safety protocols)
- Commitment to work collaboratively and listen to feedback from parents and peers
- Great orientation and ongoing support and mentorship by a highly trained engagement professional
- Payment ($20/hour) for an average of 5 hours per week to attend meetings, plan programs, reach out and meet with other families, host events, etc. up until end of June 2022
- Great new connections and opportunity to grow your own network throughout the community
- Opportunity to use your communication and creative planning skills to benefit many others and bring community together
- Opportunity to positively impact programming throughout the community for this demographic
Your community benefits because you will:
- Build authentic relationships with young Jewish families in their neighbourhoods
- Help families to connect and build relationships within their own neighbourhoods and the full Jewish community
- Empower families to create programs that meet their needs and goals
- Provide information for the entire community to build on this information and efforts to better meet needs of families with young children
Interviews will be ongoing, so apply today.
Please send information to [email protected],org and include ALL of the following in the format of your choice (cover letter, resume, professional profile, creative documents of your choice)
- Contact details (email, mailing address, cell phone)
- Ages of your children
- Volunteer or work experience relevant to the role
- Any ideas you have regarding connecting with families or programs for families
- Your time restrictions or any helpful information regarding this (ideally we would like families to connect at a variety of times including weekends and evenings)
Thank you to the Harold Grinspoon Foundation for funding this wonderful new initiative in our community!