Synagogue Executive Director
Congregation Shaarey Zedek
561 Wellington Crescent, Winnipeg MB
Congregation Shaarey Zedek, a dynamic Conservative egalitarian congregation in Winnipeg with a membership base of 800 member families, is searching for a new Executive Director. The Executive Director will work in cooperation with the Rabbis and the Board as the synagogue evolves to meet the changing needs of the congregation and the community. The role of the Executive Director is integral to the successful operation of the synagogue.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with the financial management and budget development of a multifaceted organization.
- Human resource management of a diverse staff of 25.
- Superior organizational ability.
- Detail oriented, along with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Should have at least 3 years of senior management experience.
- Basic understanding of Jewish rituals and practices.
- A university degree or post-secondary education is preferred, but equivalent experience is acceptable.
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization would be useful.
Please send your resume in confidence to the Executive Director Search Committee by email to [email protected] by April 16, 2021
Please provide your salary expectations in your cover letter.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
We thank all applicants; however only those considered for interview will be contacted.