An incredible weekend of learning and exploring!
Limmud 2013 a Huge Success!
With returning attendees for the third time and enthusiastic new participants Winnipeg’s third Limmud created a buzz in the community with forty sessions from the Women of the Exodus to Social Justice. Shabbat programs with Limmud out of town talent happened in five venues all around town in conjunction with Shabbat Across North America (National Jewish Outreach Program.) The conference began with havdallah on Saturday night. Highlights included good food, the buzz of schmoozing over coffee and lunch, and the diversity of everything Jewish from art to Talmud to Jewish Yoga. See photos here!
Friday evening and Saturday morning
Shabbat Services and Programs featuring Limmud presenters hosted by Congregation Shaarey Zedek, Etz Chayim Synagogue, Herzlia-Adas Yeshurun, Temple Shalom, Anakhnu, and others
Saturday, March 2nd
7 pm Havdalah, Opening Sessions and Reception
Sunday, March 3rd
Registration and Breakfast 8:00 am
Sessions 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Asper Jewish Community Campus, 123 Doncaster Street
Adults (By Feb 15) $54 (After Feb 15) $65
Taste of Limmud $25 (Includes either Saturday night program or
Sunday half day, Sunday meals excluded)
Students (13-25) $18
Children (2 – 12) $5
Check out photos from Limmud Winnipeg 2012 here!
Larry Jay Tish and Ron Jones
• The Black Jew Dialogues
Larry Jay Tish
• Happy Birthday First Born Son
• Sometimes The Golem is a Girl
Harlene Winnick Appelman
• Maror- Burden or Blessing?
• Programs of Passion
• Adam and Steve, Amy and Eve: Finding a Unique Marital Ritual for Queer Jews
• Homosexuality and Halakhah
• Diaspora Zion
Jeanette Kuvin Oren
• The Art of Jeanette Kuvin Oren — Commissions for Synagogues Around the World
• The Art of Papercutting
• Joining The Clubs: The Fall and Rise of Jews at Yale and other Elite US Universities
• Doing Jewish Genealogy: Finding the Amazing Secrets You Never Knew
Leah Chwaiewsky Bassett
• The Wondering Wandering Jewess: Conversations with my Choreographer
• Telling Our Stories - Writing Jewish Fiction in the 'Peg
Baruch (Brent) Labinsky
• Israel and its financial relevance to you and yours
Brenda Barrie and Sidura Ludwig
• Put Her In Her Place: A Conversation Between Two Exiled Jewish Winnipeg Writers